First, sorry for writing in English, but I can't communicate in French.
Although this is my first post here, maybe some of you know me trough twisttheweb.com, a site that I created to race your friends online on your favourite puzzles.
Today I would like to introduce cubecomps.com, a website to manage official competitions.
My main goal in this project has been helping as much as possible to delegates and organizers in their tasks. Some of the benefits of using cubecomps.com are:
- Three separate ways to use the web: as an administrator (all permissions), as a score taker (different password) and as audience in the public live results sub-domain: live.cubecomps.com
- Uniform, easy and fast way to input scores, omitting "." and ":"
- Allows concurrency: unlimited number of score takers can multiply your speed entering scores.
- Allows importation of WCA's .CSV registration file.
- Prints personalized, customizable 'time sheets' including competitor name and id, event name, round number and the exact number of boxes for scores (plus one).
- The results will be available for the public as soon as you submit every one of them.
- Statistics for special podiums/prizes, like youngest and oldest competitor, females, etc.
- And the very best feature: One-click production of the .XLSX file to export all data to the WCA.
A sample of the public part (live results) can be seen at http://live.cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=11
Finally, here you are a short video showing main features. This video is a week old and some things have been added, changed or improved, but all in all it will be fine for a first contact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhqUptSiKus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;