4x4x4 : les principales méthodes
Répondre
Zain_A24
Discret

Moyu Aosu WR M Review | Cubezz

Message par Zain_A24 »

Moyu Aosu WR M Review - Cubezz​
Introduction
This is now my second review of a 4x4 puzzle, this and the Meilong 4x4M. This will be my completely unbiased opinion of the cube and the store, and I will not be looking at the cube differently just because of its price-point. This cube is the first flagship cube in my collection, which features budget/semi budget puzzles. It is also the first stickered cube in my collection, since I wanted to feel the difference between stickered and stickerless.

How does this cube perform? How does this cube compare? I will be hoping to answer these questions within this review, as well as hoping someone could provide some answers and opinions to the questions I have below.

Sections:
Review of Store – Cubezz.com
Review of Cube – Moyu Aosu WR M
Unboxing
OOTB
Completely Dry
Lube + Tension
Break-in
Final Thoughts
Review of Store​

General Info
Name: Cubezz
Link: https://cubezz.com/

As always, Cubezz’s service has proven to be consistent, with the product arriving within their set timeframe. The customer service team provided me with a tracking number and were kindly keeping me updated on the status of the package during the process of the delivery. Customer service are continuing to be as responsive as before, handling my sales queries promptly and accurately. I will be continuing to purchase from this store in the future.

Review of Cube
General Info
Name – Moyu Aosu WR M - Black
Price - $33.99 Magnetic ($23.99 Non-Magnetic)
Availability – Black and Stickerless, Magnetic and Non-Magnetic
Link - https://cubezz.com/Buy-6065-MoYu+AoSu+W ... Black.html
Size - 59mm
Weight – 120g

Brief Overview
The Moyu WR M series has seemed to have emerged from Moyu through the GTS3M, which featured ridges. Many people are uncertain to whether the WR stands for “Without Ridges” or “World Record”, both of which would not make complete sense. Despite that, the WR M series has proven to be very popular with cubers of all levels of experience. The series includes the Weipo WR M 2x2, the Weilong WR M 3x3, and now the Aosu WR M 4x4. I am not sure as to if the Aosu s considered part of the Weilong line of cubes, or if it is associated with the original Aolong set of puzzles, feel free to let me know below.

Unboxing
I usually don’t do this section of the review, but since this cube had a very pleasant unboxing experience, I thought I would add it in.

The box was carefully packaged by cubezz, and this ensured the cube arrived in perfect condition. The cube box was wrapped in plastic. Opening the box, it contains the cube in plastic wrap as well as an accessory box. For those of you who have not had a Moyu cube, their flagships include team Moyu cards as well as spare magnets and a screwdriver.

I then went on to taking the cube out of the box.

Out of the Box​
First Impressions – Before Turning

Appearance
The cube features nice dark, vivid shades, especially the red and blue on this cube, Moyu going towards the darker shades for their newer puzzles. I like the “fluorescent” orange as it contrasts well with the dark red. The outer layers have larger “florian” style holes compare to the inner layers. Moyu have done well in ensuring sticker quality and placement are perfect, with little to no visible imperfections on the outside of the cube.

Pieces
The pieces feature shallow ridges on the inside of both the inner and outer layer pieces. Compared to the Meilong 4x4, the tracks are narrower. Opening an edge piece up, there are magnet slots for what are 4x1mm magnets on the inner layers and 4x1.5mm on the outer layers (not sure on what grade/strength).

Feel
In the hand, this cube is a good size. At 59mm, this cube is very compact and perfect for people with smaller hands or those who like smaller puzzles, Moyu moving away from the standard size, with the popular 59mm Meilong 4x4. The cube feels more rounded off then other puzzles, perhaps more noticeable on a stickered cube. This cube is a good weight, not too heavy to get tired during solves and not too light to have a cheap feeling, which is expected from a premium puzzle like this one.

First Turns

Outer Layers
The outer layers of this puzzle are very fast. As expected there is a small amount of sandiness but is not as noticeable on the outer layers and will go away after some break-in. I could immediately tell that solving this cube will involve an effortless 3x3 stage since little effort is required in turning.

Inner Layers
The inner layers are only just slower than the outer layers, something that is not the case for some other puzzles but expected at its price-point. There is a more noticeable sandiness on the inner layers which I am aware Moyu cubes tend to have, but will go after break-in. They are a lot faster than my Meilong 4x4M, which is a characteristic I will be taking advantage of during solves.

Magnets
The magnets are very effective in this cube’s stability and aggressive turning will not hinder the performance on this cube as much as some others. This cube has more noticeable inner layer magnets, with a bump and “click” sound following turns. At this point, I feel as though the magnet choice is perfect, but I will have to do a few solves to accurately gauge the choice the magnets.

Cornercutting
The cornercutting on this cube out of the box is as follows:
Forward – 1 piece
Reverse – ½ piece

The cube may be slightly too tight out of the box, and I prefer to have my cubes a bit loose. Since this cube is already so stable, I would probably be able to loosen it without hindering its performance. At this stage, the cornercutting is not as good as the Meilong, but has not yet been set up so a suitable comparison cannot yet be done. This cube has a lot of potential and will probably be replacing my Meilong 4x4M.

Solves
During solves, I experience minimal lockups, and the catching that does occur is due to my inaccurate turning and are very minor. Pops are non-existent on these tensions which should be expected for a cube at this price-point. 3x3 stage is effortless, with light and fast outer layers. This cube definitely has a suitable choice of magnets as the cube is very stable, a good choice for aggressive turners. Parity algorithms are also effortless on this cube, with the middle layers holding together well during M slices. I would recommend a lighter turning style to maximise the performance of the cube, but harsher turning works fine as well. Reverse cuts are barely necessary with the magnets, providing smooth, flowing turns which help increase your TPS.

Setup
Completely Dry
As always, I would disassemble the cube and wipe the pieces down, before reassembling. The assembly process was not as bad as when I did it with the Meilong, perhaps due to the shape of the pieces or my own experience with assembling even-layered puzzles.

As expected, the performance completely dry was very similar, the cube still as fast, but with a more prominent sandiness. This cube is perfect for those who don’t like setting up cubes since it is good to go right out of the box.

Lubrication + Tensioning
I loosened the cube ¼ of a turn out of the box. I used 50K Diff Oil on the pieces as well as lubricating under the screws. I then did a solve to allow the lubricant to spread. Using thicker lubricants would allow the cube to be more controllable whilst softening the turns. This cube is now a bit quieter and turning is even better than before. The lube is mainly for preserving the longevity of the cube since this cube is great without lubricant. The sandiness has now gone, and the inner layers are up to speed with the outer layers, creating a more uniform turning experience.

Break-in
During break-in, both the outer and inner layers continue to show a consistent speed, with no signs of the cube slowing down. Turning is just as effortless if not more than before, perhaps due to my more accurate turning or lighter turning style.

Testing
I will be performing various tests on this cube to check for signs of wear and tear. I would not recommend trying this out and I am doing this so that you don’t have to.

Dropping this cube several times, the magnets are well bonded to the pieces and the cube shows no signs of the magnets rattling or dislocated from the slots. Stickers are of a good quality, and minor scratches are easy wipeable, showing minimal signs of existence. Deliberately attempting large corner cuts, this cube refuses to show signs of misalignments. Feel free to let me know if there are other ways to test the cube’s durability by commenting below.

Final Thoughts
This cube is an excellent choice for cubers of any experience level. Despite its slightly misleading name, this cube is sure to cut down your PB’s. With the WR M series proving to be increasingly popular, this cube is great for a new main or just for the collection.

How does this compare to the Meilong 4x4M? This is obviously an unfair comparison since the cubes are of completely different price-points. The Meilong 4x4M is perfect for those on a budget, or those who like setting up puzzles. If you re interested in magnetising puzzles, go for the Meilong 4x4M and you won’t be disappointed. With the frosted plastic of the Meilong compared to the polished plastic of the WR M, the cubes have very different feelings. Since my Meilong is a lot more broken-in, I initially preferred this over the WR M out of the box, but this was not the most accurate of comparisons. The performance difference is not very large, but I would definitely recommend the Aosu WR M for all the reason above. The Aosu WR M is a cube you can definitely rely on for consistent results. This cube operates well even on looser tensions, making it very accessible for inaccurate/aggressive turners or beginners.

Thank you very much for reading all the way through my long review. Be sure to leave suggestions on how my reviews can be improved, as well as how this cube compares to the Aosu GTS2M and other major 4x4 flagships like the Valk 4M.

I will be posting a French translated version very soon.

My previous reviews:
Mofang Jiaoshi Meilong 4x4 and 4x4M – https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/me ... x4m.75098/
YJ YuChuang V2M - https://www.speedsolving.com/thread...- ... bes.75213/
Bannière atoutcubes.com
Répondre