Solution #1

Quelques concours périodiques de résolution en un minimum de mouvements, de vitesse ou à l'aveugle. Participez !
Ligue Master Fewest moves Blindfold Speedcubing Speedcubing 2x2x2 Mega/Square-1/Clock Big cubes Pyraminx V-cube Tutoriel : Premoves et pseudoblocs, NISS
Répondre
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Solution #1

Message par gilles »

Here's my first proposal, following my way of cubing.

(LFLD2BU'F2) is the most promising beginning I found (in the train between Tours and Paris). It gives you a 1x2x3 and a 1x2x2. From here, you may have different ideas than mine.

Then, you can solve the last F2L pair with (r'U'RU'R2FRF').
It's not the shortest sequence, but then you can solve the last corners with (FR'F'RU2RU2R') and make some moves disappear.

(r'U'RU'R2FRF'FR'F'RU2RU2R') -> (r'U'(R)U'(R)'U2(R)U2(R)').

Note that this last sequence is flexible. (R) means you can use R or r, it does not have any impact on U corners or L/R-1x2x3 blocks.

Looks good till now. But I couldn't find a happy ending with the 6 last edges.

My best is :
(LFLD2BU'F2) (r'U'RU'r'U2rU2R') (UM2B2U'M'UB2UL2)
HTM : 27
QTM : 36
SHTM : 25
SQTM : 33

I'll try to see if there's a way to insert an early edge 3-cycle or something that leads to a shorter solution. 27 is not good enough! :-)
Bannière atoutcubes.com
lars
Discret

Message par lars »

So... what does r mean in this notation?
cyril
Helvète Underground

Message par cyril »

r is a double layer move : you turn the R layer and the M (central, vertical slice) together :!:
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

The solution, as it is written, works in Cube Companion, if you need to figure out how it looks like.
cyril
Helvète Underground

Message par cyril »

Hi,

I took Gille's first moves and translated them into classic notation :

(LFLD2BU'F2) (r'U'RU'r'U2rU2R') ->L F L D2 B U' F2 L' B' R B' L' D2 L B2 R' B2

That leaves 5 edges ... The best insertion I found was L F L D2 .B .(LR'D2L'RF2)U' F2 L' B' R B' L' D2 L B2 R' B2, leaving 3 edges in (23,30,21,28 ) ... + layers adjustments ... probably not interesting to get a solution better than Lars', but I'll try anyway ...

edit : it's actually 4 edges ... sorry :oops:
cyril
Helvète Underground

Message par cyril »

Okay ...
let's start again ...

A good insertion after gille's start is

L F L (D2B'RL'D2R'L[B'D2)D2 .B] .U' F2 L' B' R B' L' D2 L B2 R' B2, which leaves 3 edges after (22,28, 20, 26) I did not find a good way to finish ... perhaps you Gilles know some more edges algs ? Good luck !
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

Thanks for trying to improve the solutions Cyril, that's team spirit. I looked at the other suggestions, but couldn't find anything.

Tonight, I'll look at this FMC for the last time, then we'll have to think about sending solutions.

For now, we have:
- An elegant QTM-wise solution,
- Another solution that's slightly better STM-wise.
- An incredible team solve.
- A speed solve.
cyril
Helvète Underground

Message par cyril »

I don't think we are going to find much better than yours and Lars ... I've spent hours on this scamble and yet I don't find anything better :evil:

Then thing is, Dan hasn't posted #99 results yet, so I guess we have one week more for posting the solutions ... I mean, we are not going to improve the solutions, but perhaps I will at last have time to try to speedsolve the cube your way and time it (a solve is a solve ... no ?) that could be fun if you time yourself on your speedsolving solution and send a time below 10 secs ...

Good luck for this evening :-D and do not hesitate to send partial solutions ...

PS : et profites-en pour finir le team solve, il manque toujours trois mouvements avant d'établir le record du monde pour ces 30 prochaines années 8)
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

I found another sequence that solves the last F2L pair and the corners, try this:

(LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'R'F2)
or
(LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'r'F2)

(LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'r'F2)(M2U2L2) solves everything but 4 edges in (18, 26, 17, 24). Those last 4 edges end up in a very sad configuration :smt089
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

cyril a écrit :Okay ...
let's start again ...

A good insertion after gille's start is

L F L (D2B'RL'D2R'L[B'D2)D2 .B] .U' F2 L' B' R B' L' D2 L B2 R' B2, which leaves 3 edges after (22,28, 20, 26) I did not find a good way to finish ... perhaps you Gilles know some more edges algs ? Good luck !
U LU'M'UL'U'R2 leads to (31,38,28,35)

With a good insertion of that kind of commutators, I guess you can lower the move count a bit, but sub-27 HTM looks difficult.
cyril
Helvète Underground

Message par cyril »

... I'm trying to solve the 4 edges ...
... I thought there would be a miracle, since after the first three moves they are in a really good-looking configuration (cross pattern on two layers that one can solve with FU2D2B2U2D2F)
... well ... indeed I thought that it was the case :smt033 and got a "nearly 25 moves" HTM solution :wink: Do you know any 1-move alg to flip two edges :smt010 ?

L F L (FU2D2B2U2D2F) D2 B U' F2 U2 R' F' L F' L' F2 R2 L2 D2 L2
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

cyril a écrit :
Do you know any 1-move alg to flip two edges :smt010 ?
Yes, but with a rather different metric, and it requires a screwdriver.
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

gilles a écrit : (LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'R'F2)
or
(LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'r'F2)
OR (LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'M*R'F2)!

This way I found a rather short ending (solving the last L-edge, then the R-edge and... the others :lol: ):

(LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'r2RF2)(UM2B2U'M'UB2UL2)
or (LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'Mr'F2)(UM2B2U'M'UB2UL2) (lowers SQTM score)

(26,36,24,32)
It does not beat Lars' 32 QTM.
gilles
Bavard intarissable

Message par gilles »

gilles a écrit : (LFLD2BU'F2)(U2R'F'rU'r2RF2)(UM2B2U'M'UB2UL2)
By the way, did you notice that the first and third sequence are the same that in my first solution?

(LFLD2BU'F2)(r'U'RU'r'U2rU2R')(UM2B2U'M'UB2UL2)

r'U'RU'r'U2rU2R'=U2R'F'rU'r2RF2 :smt119
Répondre